All workplaces can take the following infection prevention measures to protect workers:
1. Encourage workers to stay home if sick.
2. Encourage respiratory etiquette, including covering coughs and sneezes.
3. Provide a place to wash hands or alcohol-based hand rubs containing at least 60 % alcohol.
4. Limit worksite access to only essential workers, if possible.
5. Establish flexible worksites (e.g., telecommuting) and flexible work hours (e.g., staggered shifts), if feasible.
6. Discourage workers from using other workers’ phones, desks, or other work tools and equipment.
7. Regularly clean and disinfect surfaces, equipment, and other elements of the work environment.
8. Use Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)-approved cleaning chemicals with label claims against the coronavirus.
9. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for use of all cleaning and disinfection products.
10. Encourage workers to report any safety and health concerns.